pH is out of control

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
I CAN NOT keep my pH under control this year. Never had this problem in 5 seasons. I can bring my pH down one day and it is back to 8+ the next day. I don't have any major aeration of the water other than some ripples in the shallow end from that return jet. Can anyone help?

TA is 70
FC stays under 10 at all times

Today's:
FC 6
CC 0
CYA 30
pH 8+
TA 70
CH 0

What is the pH and TA of your fill water?

You have an autofill on the pool?

List all the chemicals you put in the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would suggest chlorinating with pucks. (Yikes!:oops:)

I assume you have tried really hard to control with acid and I ASSUME YOU KNOW PUCKS CAN GET YOU IN TROUBLE but with a CYA of 30 in Tennessee and maybe a month or so of swim season left, I doubt your CYA would increase much over 50 and I am almost certain your pH would stay in the 7's

Reactions: lindz18
I would suggest chlorinating with pucks. (Yikes!:oops:)

I assume you have tried really hard to control with acid and I ASSUME YOU KNOW PUCKS CAN GET YOU IN TROUBLE but with a CYA of 30 in Tennessee and maybe a month or so of swim season left, I doubt your CYA would increase much over 50 and I am almost certain your pH would stay in the 7's
Good idea... needing to raise my CYA and that would definitely be a cheaper idea than more granulated stabilizer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.