pH hasn't moved in 4 weeks?

Sbcmurphy

Apr 20, 2020
Marlton NJ
First, I want to thank everyone here for making my first month of pool ownership a great success. Everything has been really smooth (aside from the opening SLAM stress) to start the year.

Weird question, but should pH be so stable? After the initial balance, my pH has been 7.6 every day for nearly 4 weeks. We've had massive rainstorms that dumped 2.5" in two days, I add 4ppm of chlorine daily, I have pollen/leaves/bugs daily and have had to add over 5lbs of cya so far, all which I thought would shift ph. But every day it shows 7.6, confirmed by my wife and others when I ask for a second pair of eyes on the color test.

Curious if this is normal or if I should be worried about my testing? It just seems odd.

Thanks -

Reactions: Mdragger88
My TA is 70. Last year I had to add acid every week or so. This year it’s been at 7.4-7.6 since I opened with no acid additions. I actually added Borax once to get it up from 7.2 after it was there two weeks to bring it to 7.6.

Pools are very complex chemical environments and each has its own intricacies.

Congrats 🎉 you’ve found your pool’s happy ta & ph ! Its a wonderful place to be.
For some it feels like the lotto - i am in the club as well so far this season , no ma added or adjustments at all. Like Forrest Gump said “One less thing!” 🤣

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.