PH and Total Alkalinity Rising

Bleach/ Liquid chlorine does not raise TA and is pH neutral. Rising TA typically comes from fill water.

Clorox has additives so not good for pool use. Also dey acid is not good to use if you have a plaster pool and/ or a SWCG.

Check your fill water pH/TA/CH. It is the primary source of carbonate alkalinity.

Also, you really don't want to use dry acid in a swimming pool. It raises the sulfate levels which can cause long term damage to plaster and metal surfaces. It's best to stick with muriatic acid for pH control.

Are you wiping the tip of your reagent bottle with a damp cloth in between drops while testing the TA?

Its not possible to have increased the TA without adding it somehow, or having some testing error.
Re did my test and it was only 100, Not sure what happened, Now i have added dry acid I'm sure it will drop. Is there a more acurate ph test other than the color test in the taylor kit?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.