Permanently plugging the former Polaris pressure fitting in the pool.

Quickstep192

Silver Supporter
Jun 30, 2022
Annapolis MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I removed my Polaris a couple of years ago, but I've never permanently plugged the 3/4" threaded hole in the pool into which the Polaris used to connect. A threaded fitting seems ideal, but one that doesn't protrude in to the pool.

Any ideas on a 3/4" MPT plug for this application?

You do not state which Polaris cleaner you have. Is it a pressure side cleaner such as a 280 or 380?
If so, that connection in the pool wall is threaded and can be removed. It is a standard 1.5" PVC connection

See this link that shows the threaded connection that is in the pool wall and can be removed.

You do not state which Polaris cleaner you have. Is it a pressure side cleaner such as a 280 or 380?
If so, that connection in the pool wall is threaded and can be removed. It is a standard 1.5" PVC connection

See this link that shows the threaded connection that is in the pool wall and can be removed.
I've removed the fitting; I'm trying to get a flush plug to plug the hole in the side of the pool. It's a 3/4" female pipe thread. I'd like to find a fitting that doesn't protrude into the pool.

I have the same issue and was going to try and use it to add a fill line to the pool instead of having to drag over a hose. But a return might be better by keeping chlorine running through the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.