Permanent Backwash Piping?

AbiTMW

Feb 25, 2018
Abilene, TX
I've owned my pool for a few years now and finally now converting to the TFP method. My question is in regards to this backwash pipe that's in-ground. It's right in the middle of my backyard, so when I drain or backwash it floods my yard (and the neighbors). I am wondering if there is any sort of backwash hose I can use? Obviously not a standard one, because there is nothing to hook it to.

I have a HUGE yellow algae problem (covers everything), too high of CYA, no chlorine, blah blah blah. So I need to SLAM, but need to get probably about 1/3 to 1/2 of our water out to get the CYA down.

This is what the outlet looks like:

IMG_1460.jpg

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Some folks like the fireman hose method. Larger, rugged hose. You would just need to make a connection at the pipe. Just search "fireman hose" here on TFP and you'll see several threads. Is that something you are looking for?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.