Peristaltic pumps

Psloniger

Jun 15, 2020
Fort Worth tx
I’m looking at adding a peristaltic pump to my pool for chlorine and eventually acid. I don’t have the money to spend on a stenner so I am looking at a few of the more diy cheap options. I’ve dug through posts here and saw people talking about using an Amazon pump powers by a sprinkler timer. I really like that idea. My big question is should I be looking at a 12v or 24v pump? Also what sort of pressure does the pump need to be capable of producing to inject the chlorine into the system?

I don't know much about pump motors, but most sprinkler controllers can only handle up to a 1 amp (1000mA) draw.

If you can't find a pump that draws less than one-amp, an alternative is to use a simple relay (1-4 channels) connected to a 24 VAC transformer. The transformer would power both the relay switch and pump.

I used this design to create a low-budget automation system for pump/valve/SWG control...

Reactions: willygee
Most of those pumps on Amazon are for Aquarium use, to fill up beakers in a lab environment, or for making DIY mixed drink machines. I would be skeptical if they had the chemical resistance on the tubing or even whether they could pump through the backpressure on the injector. For it to be suitable for chlorine dosing is should be able to pump at +20psi and have a roller tube that is resistant to chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.