Pentair won’t turn on from inside the house remote or the sub panel

SFears

May 21, 2018
Murrieta ca
My variable speed pump is programmed from inside my house remote box to run from 8 am to 5 pm which it does everyday and works fine but if I try to turn on the filter pump after 5 pm to run the spa from inside the house or the controller at the breaker box in service mode and the filter pump will not turn on. I have to flip open the lid on the variable pentsir pump and hit 1 of the 4 preprogrammed buttons to turn on the pump. It has been working for a year or so and all of a sudden this happened. Any ideas.
Thanks

My variable speed pump is programmed from inside my house remote box to run from 8 am to 5 pm which it does everyday and works fine but if I try to turn on the filter pump after 5 pm to run the spa from inside the house or the controller at the breaker box in service mode and the filter pump will not turn on. I have to flip open the lid on the variable pentsir pump and hit 1 of the 4 preprogrammed buttons to turn on the pump. It has been working for a year or so and all of a sudden this happened. Any ideas.
Thanks

I'd bet Its because you are in service mode. I had this issue a few times myself using the app on the phone. Service mode will supersede any app selections.

S,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all your "Fearful" questions... :shark:

I'm not sure I fully understand your actual question, but when you put the EasyTouch into the Service Mode, it disconnects the pump from the automation and you have to use the pump's control panel to turn the pump on...

When in the Auto Mode, the pump's control panel should read "Display Not Active".. this is because the pump is being controlled by the EasyTouch.. When you put the system into the Service (Manual) Mode, the display will read the current RPM and allow you to use the pump's control panel to operate the pump.

If I understand your original post correctly, the pump is working fine when scheduled, if so, I am not sure what the problem is. :confused:

I am not sure why you are pressing the Service button? After 5, if you want the Spa on, you only need to press the Spa button on your remote, or on the main panel, and the pump should automatically come on and the valves should rotate, and the heater should turn on...

Please tell us more about the problem you are having...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

Taps, how do they get OUT of service mode?

Kim,

The Mode button on the main panel... The mode is normally in Auto.. press the button once and the unit goes into the Service Mode (and will stay there forever).. press again and the unit goes into the Time Out Mode.. Just like the Service Mode but will only stay there for 3 hours.. Press again and you are back to the Auto Mode..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.