Pentair Whisperflo Pump

KAB

Jun 18, 2011
wisconsin
Hi Everyone,
I have had some pool pump problems. This forum has been wonderful in helping me to always try and do everything myself first before calling the expensive pool guys. This year my pump has been really loud, I decided to try and replace the seal and bearings on it. My son and a neighbor tried to do it but must've bent the shaft because it wouldn't spin. Lesson learned. We ordered the exact same pump and installed it. However, it is spinning very slowly and not fast enough to prime the pump or get the psi up to my normal spot. The pump is super,super hot so we turned it off. Does anyone have any troubleshooting advice? Could it be defective? Anything else to check on it? All help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Karen

Pentair whisperflo 1 Hp pump

Some of them can be wired for either 120V or 240V ... although the 1HP Whisperflo may only be 240V.

If it is wired correctly, and just turning slowly, I would guess you got a bad motor.

Also, check your incoming feed with a voltmeter. If one hot leg shorted to ground, it would blow a fuse upstream on that one leg and you would get 110V across your 220V circuit and cause exactly what you are seeing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.