Gold Supporter
Sep 24, 2021
Upper Keys FL
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all, first post here!

My Pentair Home app is not displaying the correct water temperature. I assumed the sensor went bad so I ordered a new sensor, installed it, and nothing changed. The app indicates the water temperature only at 71°. This started out of "nowhere" a couple of months ago. The air temperature reading is accurate.

Monthly Screenshot

83E2D409-DBE5-4BE9-9C48-1E6609F4824C.jpg

Daily Screenshot (71°)

3559FEA1-9C67-46D9-B393-53D60A0C984C.jpg

Hourly Screenshot (No Data)

681618C0-0FF3-4667-A65A-7AE90782CD2B.jpg

App Home Screen

0AA19A8D-777E-4CD0-B6B1-00E410A25AF6.png

7A74BC7E-D72A-4BB3-8850-88ECDA44AC5C.jpg

I have a Hayward EasyTemp pool heater that also displays water temperature (correctly) on the unit itself and was typically ~1° or so different than the water temp reading on the Pentair Home app.

I am assuming that I get Air Temperature from the "Heater" connection that has the red and black wires connected with the green and yellow wires not connected.

IMG_5459.jpeg

To Summarize:

- For a couple of months now, my Pentair Home App shows my Water Temperature at 71°. I replaced the sensor above that connects to TEMP on the Intelliconnect. Nothing changed.

- I have a Hayward EasyTemp that indicates a correct (and slightly different than the Pentair Home app when everything worked) Water Temp on its control panel.

- I don't know where my Air Temp comes from.
- I don't know the purpose of the green and yellow wires (not connected) coming to the HEATER connection.

My goal with this post is to say "hi", and see if I can get a solid Water Temp reading on my Pentair Home App. I have ton to work through with this new-to-me-pool and I will be researching and posting a lot questions! I'm digging into my manuals now and thank you all for any assistance!

Hi and welcome to TFP Jay.

- I don't know where my Air Temp comes from.

I believe the Intelliconnect gets air temp from the Internet and a local weather service.

- I don't know the purpose of the green and yellow wires (not connected) coming to the HEATER connection.

They used a 4 wire cable and just needed to connect two wires. There is no purpose for the other two wires.

For your water temp you need a multimeter and a 10K resistor to diagnose if the problem is the sensor or your IntelliConnect board. The water temp sensor is a 10K thermistor whose resistance varies with temperature. At 10K it would read 76-77F.

Get a 10K resistor and connect it to the Intelliconnect and see if it reads 76F.

full

Connect a multimeter to the water temp sensor and see what the resistance is and look it up on this table....

10K_thermistor_chart.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidArmenB
My Intelliconnect will occasionally give me a weak wifi signal message, which makes little sense because it's very close to a wifi point with a full signal, but nevertheless, I decided to reconnect my Intelliconnect. In doing so, I flipped the breaker off, and upon reconnecting I was pleasantly surprised to see my water temperature displaying correctly with the new sensor!

Nice to have this small issue out of the way.

ajw22, thank you very much for the troubleshooting tips.

Reactions: DavidArmenB
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.