Sep 10, 2019
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi, we have a 2hp Pentair fixed speed pump that runs our sheer descents. I noticed a week ago that the pump is no longer kicking on when scheduled.

The pump has run for 3 years without issue and the control system shows it should be on (Intellicenter).

No breakers are tripped. I do see there is a bit of corrosion on the top cover, but it appears to still be sealing. Any suggestions how best to troubleshoot?

20230702_155128.jpg20230702_155131.jpg
20230702_155131.jpg

Attachments

• 20230702_155143.jpg
    20230702_155143.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 5
Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

Check the voltage between L1 and L2 at the pump. It should be 240V.

If you have 240V at the motor then the problem is internal to the motor.

Check if the motor turns freely.

The top pump has a capacitor that you can try replacing.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

Check the voltage between L1 and L2 at the pump. It should be 240V.

If you have 240V at the motor then the problem is internal to the motor.

Check if the motor turns freely.

The top pump has a capacitor that you can try replacing.

Thanks! I did a bit of searching (should have done that first!). I do have a DMM and will tear into it tomorrow.

Sooo...apparently I was going blind. Turns out only the breaker was flipped. Because of the clip tying the two poles together, it looked almost normal. Using my DMM, I could tell there was no power at all so just traced it back.

Now, i was curious about that seal too. Seems its intact but I will see if I can get a new cover and seal to prolong the pump life. It doesnt run often so Id hate for something like that to cost me $500.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.