Pentair Warrior SE motor problem & Warranty replacement

Take the motor. Doubtful it’s the cable.
I am thinking the same. I might try to get my multimeter out tomorrow and test the power supply and cable, but I’m almost 100% sure it’s the motor.
I wonder if they will just send me the new motor? Seems like it would be a easy fix to swap them out. I removed the motor and reseated it when I was troubleshooting. Thanks again for the replies, it looks like I will have a happy ending still being under warranty. But these robots should last longer. @JoyfulNoise has some great posts on the subject. I’m definitely going to keep my robot cleaned and out of the pool when not in use from now on 😅

I am thinking the same. I might try to get my multimeter out tomorrow and test the power supply and cable, but I’m almost 100% sure it’s the motor.
I wonder if they will just send me the new motor? Seems like it would be a easy fix to swap them out. I removed the motor and reseated it when I was troubleshooting. Thanks again for the replies, it looks like I will have a happy ending still being under warranty. But these robots should last longer. @JoyfulNoise has some great posts on the subject. I’m definitely going to keep my robot cleaned and out of the pool when not in use from now on 😅

You might make it a point to open up the motor case at the end of every season just to peak in and check for water. They are fairly easy to open up and you don’t even have to unplug the cord. You can just pop the top, take a look, clean and grease the o-ring and then close it back up. These robots give no indication whatsoever if water is getting into the motor case and so when something does start to go wrong, it’s often too late to intervene.

You might make it a point to open up the motor case at the end of every season just to peak in and check for water. They are fairly easy to open up and you don’t even have to unplug the cord. You can just pop the top, take a look, clean and grease the o-ring and then close it back up. These robots give no indication whatsoever if water is getting into the motor case and so when something does start to go wrong, it’s often too late to intervene.
I started opening my swivel a couple times a year. It’s always dry but have seen green algae where it seals. I just wipe it down and add a thin layer of pool lube.
Also seems to help it stay less tangled

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
Do they want the old motor back? If not keep it. There’s a good chance that most of the components in it, ie, drive motor, thrust actuator and logic board, are all good. Plus all the o-rings. You can keep them for spares.

No mention of wanting the old motor back. It seems like they are just sending me the new motor to swap out. I'm curious to see what the old one looks like inside. I'm lucky it went out before my warranty expired, I just can't justify spending the money to replace it if it goes out. I was hoping for at least 5 years. Hopefully it arrives soon, I am getting tired of manually vacuuming the pool LOL. I've learned a lot about these robots from following the thread by @JoyfulNoise

No mention of wanting the old motor back. It seems like they are just sending me the new motor to swap out. I'm curious to see what the old one looks like inside. I'm lucky it went out before my warranty expired, I just can't justify spending the money to replace it if it goes out. I was hoping for at least 5 years. Hopefully it arrives soon, I am getting tired of manually vacuuming the pool LOL. I've learned a lot about these robots from following the thread by @JoyfulNoise

Definitely open it up as soon as you can. Post up picks of what you find. Assuming there isn’t any catastrophic damage, the spare parts are very valuable. Even if the water pump motor is compromised, it can potentially be rebuilt. I wanted to work on mine today but I just didn’t have the time.

Reactions: Apsuhead
Just received motor from Pentair 👍

Attachments

• BA50D1C9-EE85-4317-99F3-DA7ADEE06EDF.jpeg
    BA50D1C9-EE85-4317-99F3-DA7ADEE06EDF.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 26
  • E897911D-92D4-4125-94E7-BD5A46DDA18F.jpeg
    E897911D-92D4-4125-94E7-BD5A46DDA18F.jpeg
    424.9 KB · Views: 26
  • B5A13DBF-41FD-4E2A-BC57-8618D060D478.jpeg
    B5A13DBF-41FD-4E2A-BC57-8618D060D478.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 60F3CAB5-0BB4-4A65-A900-E196250B3BBF.jpeg
    60F3CAB5-0BB4-4A65-A900-E196250B3BBF.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Oly and JoyfulNoise
Nice!! Should be a quick swap. Make sure you use lots of silicone lube on the electrical connector but avoid getting it on the pins.

Reactions: Apsuhead

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I lubed up the electrical connector and installed the new motor assembly in no time. Dropped it in the pool and it works perfectly! It seems to be moving fast, it had gotten very slow and sluggish before it died. So relived that I got it fixed under warranty and now I have my old motor that I can possibly fix or at least keep for some spare parts. I’m going to start taking it apart now. Thanks for all the help and insight @JoyfulNoise 😅

Last edited:
My motor assembly was clean and dry when I opened it up. That’s all I’m going to do for now, I was just very curious to see if water had gotten inside.
56AD350F-0369-4EB8-B9EE-5B2A31B30F01.jpeg

Very interesting. Your water pump motor looks very different than mine. You can pull it off the housing and see if turns smoothly. Otherwise all the sub components look good

If you wouldn’t mind snapping pictures of the motor labels and posting them I’d be interested to see why they’re using. My motor assembly was a 2016 build and yours looks to be 2019. On 3 years it looks like they may have updated some components. I can’t see the board easily but that looks very similar to mine. Your electrical connector also only had two prongs instead of three … wonder if they changed something there …

for pentair did you call them or emailed them for warranty support?
I just did the “contact us” form on the Pentair website …

They emailed me twice and then sent me the replacement motor 👍

Reactions: SunnyP2000

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.