Pentair Warranties

I looked at some previous threads but couldn't find a definitive answer so here goes... with all of the crazy parts/equipment shortages I'm finding myself in need of a new pump there is no brick and mortar dealer that has any Intelliflo pumps in stock and even the ones where I have a personal connection are telling me that anything is at least 4+ months out at this point.

I'm inclined to ignore the warranty and accept that I may be limited to a 60 day warranty if I buy online but I'm curious if there are any ways around that. I've seen suggestions of paying an installer to inspect the work etc Also wondering if anyone has looked into extended warranties, home insurance equipment coverage, credit card coverage etc and can provide some advice.

Thanks!

If you buy it online, it now has to have 'EC' (e-commerce) before the model #. The ones that don't are resold and won't come with the full warranty, even if a licensed plumber installs it. Their definition of 'professional' is very lax and can be anyone licensed in a trade and not necessarily a pool industry worker.

Pentair will want the name and address of both the seller and the installer on their E-warranty form.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.