Pentair VSF pump runtime cost

TheSadClown

Jan 22, 2020
Surf City, NC
Hello,

I've read over a lot of threads pertaining to VSF pump run-times and Id like to get input from everyone for my pool setup.

I run a Pentair VSF pump and my pool is 13.7k gallons.

I am looking at my screen logic intelliflo page and I have the speed set to 1250 RPM and its using 125 Watts. I get charged 11 cents per kWh so if I wanted to run my pump 24/7 it would cost around $10 a month to run.

As it stands right now I get lots of leaves and other Crud sitting on the water and it just doesn't seem like running the pool at this speed from 8am-4pm is cutting it. Should I try to fine tune my system to different speeds throughout the day?

Id like to keep my total monthly run-time cost at around $10 max.

Is running the pump 24/7 bad for the pump? will I be decreasing its life more so than just running it at higher RPM for shorter amounts?

Any insight would be appreciated

TSC,

You can certainly run at a faster speed if you want and not run as long. With your EasyTouch you can schedule the pump to run faster for an hour or two and then slow down again.

I would experiment with different pump speeds to see if they make any significant difference in skimming.

How many skimmers do you have? Do they have operating weir doors?

I run my pumps 24/7 and suspect it will have some impact on pump life. I have zero proof, but assume it will not be much and will be somewhat offset by not having to start and stop the pump on a daily basis.. Only time will tell.. So far I have one that has been running about 10 years, one about 7 years and one about 6 years.. None of them have shown any signs of wear...

Thanks,

Jim R.

As it stands right now I get lots of leaves and other Crud sitting on the water and it just doesn't seem like running the pool at this speed from 8am-4pm is cutting it. Should I try to fine tune my system to different speeds throughout the day?
Have you tried adjusting the return eyeballs to see if you can get some more surface movement?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.