Pentair VS pump with Hayward automation

I think you would need one or the other... both will work....

the RS 485 will control the pump through your automation (I would call inyo and ask exactly how that works)

The other way using the wire from your valve would just use the onboard pump values and change when it receives power from the valve... ( this is the way I went with my SWG as it was too easy )

So that manual is for the one I bought, that is the V green's own RS 485 remote brain... it works great but it does not connect to Pentair or hayward...

the one I am talking about is on page 11 of this manual.. http://images.inyopools.com/cloud/documents/v-green165-usermanual.pdf

It is only 2 wire, 1 goes to common and the other goes to 1, 2, 3, or override

ohhh, I did not know there was a difference, well that makes sense now and why I was confused... I did not even look at the 270 manual and thought it was exactly the same... :unsure: :shock: :laughblue:

So the 2.7 does not have the same part that mine has, it is COMPLETLY different setup.. The top part on the motor I had to buy separate and mount it on my deck... so what I do with mine will not work with a 2.7 motor... WOW, why would they make 2 different motors setups/connections... I really like how the 1.65 does it, so smart....

Sorry about all this :eek:

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.