Pentair VS pump - Which One?

Rhinoevans

Nov 20, 2020
Las Vegas
Moved from here.
E-Flow,

I have three IntelliFlo pumps that have been running 24/7, most of the time at 1200 RPM.. For a total of over 20 years. The IntelliFlo is the Gold Standard of pool pumps and if they don't overheat in Texas, I think they might make it through a typical Seattle summer.. :mrgreen:

Unless you are using a Pentair automation system, I doubt that you will have much luck communicating with the pump..

Thanks,

Jim R.
I saw this post as I was looking through the forum. I currently have a whisper flow (what came with the system) but was wondering if you had any Comments on a pentair VS (011028) vs VSF (011056)? The the VSF is less expensive

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this post as I was looking through the forum. I currently have a whisper flow (what came with the system) but was wondering if you had any Comments on a pentair VS (011028) vs VSF (011056)? The the VSF is less expensive

They are basically the same pump except the VSF has a flow feature that you can use or not use. If you don't use the flow feature then it operates the same as the 011028.

It seems Pentair has phased the 011028 out of their supply chain.

Last edited:
R,

I would buy whichever is the cheapest.. If you end up with the VSF (Variable Speed and Flow) I would only program the VS side and try it for a season.. After that, if you actually find anything where the flow side would work better than change it.. 99% of users never "need" the VF side of things for anything.. It just makes things more complicated than they really need to be.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.