Lancaster, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi,

Need some help...

I have an Intelli Touch Automation system that's 2 years old and had a single speed pentair pump connected, but the pump die last year and I just added a new Pentair VS 011028 Pump and I can't figure out how to program a schedule into there intellitouch for different time and speeds.
here is what im trying to do ..

Pool on @ 9am - Off @ 5pm - Pump @ 1800 rpm
Spa On @ 6pm - Off @ 7pm - Pump @ 1200 rpm
Pool on @ 7:30 pm - off @ 10pm - pump @ 2200 rpm
Pool on @ 11:pm - off @ 6am - pump @ 3200 rpm

I know I can program this into the pump itself, if I have it disconnected from the intelligent Touch automation.

I tried calling pentair, but after an hour on hold a gave up ...

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Stilly

S,

You pump has a data cable that much be wired into the your automation's Com buss. Green to green and Yellow to yellow.. The pump must be wired to constant AC power and it does NOT get wired to the Pump/Filter relay.. (Note it can be wired to the line side of the PF relay as a junction point, but it cannot be wired to the load side of the relay. The Automation cannot control the pump if in the Service mode.

Your PC works best... I'll use some screenshots to give you a basic understanding of how this works..

View media item 1964

The basic concept is that you can assign one speed to each Circuit.. So if you assign 1200 RPM to the Pool Circuit, you can't have another Pool Circuit for 1500 RPM... So, what you do is use an empty Feature circuit to add extra speeds.. You can see in the above pics where I have "Pool" set to about 1200 RPM and then I have a Feature Circuit that I named "Skim Low" as 1500 RPM and a "Skim High" as 2000 RPM.

You schedule "Pool" and the pump will run at 1200 RPM, if you leave Pool on, and schedule "Skim Low" the pump will increase speed to 1500, etc. If you turn off Skim Low, the pump will go back to 1200 RPM. Keep in mind that if the pump receives two speed, such as 1200 and 1500, it will always run the faster speed..

You can name a feature Circuit any name you want.

Play with this and see what you can do.. If none of this makes sense, then let me know and I'll walk you through setting things up.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Thank so much for the info, i had to go and buy a cheap used windows based laptop in order to run Config option in ScreenLogic. Now i see the same screens as you have shown above. I did some programming and hopeful it will work.. ill keep you posted..

Quick question,

Can i use an “Aux” instead of “Feature” to add a new program ?

Thanks
Stilly

Stilly,

You can if you want... The key in my mind is what you want to control.. If you want to control a light, or anything else that needs 120 or 240 volts to work, you must use an Aux Circuit.. If you want to control a valve, or pump speed, you can still use an Aux Circuit, but you are just wasting a relay that you cannot use for anything else.. This would be a typical case where you would use a Feature Circuit.

Kind of a pain, but good job on getting your laptop up and running.. :goodjob:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.