Pentair Variable speed pump shock times

Marines75

Jun 18, 2017
Cold Spring, NY
I just went from a one speed pump to a variable speed pentair pump. When shocking the pool what should I be setting the pump at and for how long. When I had the one speed, I would just let the pump run all day. Now I am completely lost lol. Thanks so much for the help! I have included a picture of the pump display. Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 5
I just went from a one speed pump to a variable speed pentair pump. When shocking the pool what should I be setting the pump at and for how long. When I had the one speed, I would just let the pump run all day. Now I am completely lost lol. Thanks so much for the help! I have included a picture of the pump display. Thanks so much!!
What do you mean by "shocking"? Is that part of the SLAM process?

Or are you adding powdered Cal-Hypo weekly because the pool store told you to?

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Sorry SLAMing
You can run the pump as slow as you typically would in normal operation. In the grand scheme, you want to run the pump fast enough and long enough to:
1) Keep flow switch of a SWCG or heater happy, while achieving the desired temperature of FC creation effects
2) Filter fine debris, as needed
3) Skim the surface of the pool

I run my pump at ~1400 rpm 24/7. It consumes very little electricity while skimming pool constantly and making FC via SWCG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.