Longview Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Our PB pretty much abandoned us after fill day, but he does have to convert us to SW in two weeks.

I so wish I had found TPF before we signed with him, but here we are. What questions do I need to be pressing him about the SWG? Everything is Pentair so far, so I guess it will be also. I believe it was 3k for the SWG what should I expect?

Thank you all for your help!

Your signature does not show automation. So this will be a SWCG with its own power center.

It needs to be wired so that it only gets power when your pump is running. This is important. Do not let the PB talk you out of it.

Otherwise, be sure you have the salt in the pool water before you install the SWCG. Get a salinity test kit. K1766.

Once you have the SWCG installed and powered on, use Poolmath to determine the settings you need to generate the FC you are using every day. Raise your CYA if necessary.

Reactions: Tena
I have a Pentair IC40. Have had to replace one flow switch. It integrates really well with my Easytouch automation.

If I did not have automation, I would probably go with a Circupool SWCG.

Reactions: Tena
The circu is exactly what i had picked just perusing. It's raining, and I'm still not sure if we have automation. That box is awfully big to not have it. I'll get more info...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.