Manor
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Does anyone happen to know if a regular FPT 2" union will work to replace the unions that come with the IC series SWGs and will it work (o'ring line up, etc...)? Looking at this one

I have one that has developed a leak at the joint (likely because of a crappy prime/cement job) and I don't have room to cut out the joint. I need to cut out the bad section and use a new side of the union. Only need one. I might try some pipe epoxy but I have never had good results with it and will have to replace it at some point anyway.

Or better question is does anyone know where I can get just one Pentair union?

MLC,

They come in pairs... But you can by just the unions..

Pentair P/N 520595

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you, I found that part number while searching. I guess I can put the second one in a bucket with all my other orphaned fittings only to forget I have it when I order another one. I can't be the only one with that problem, right? 🤔

I actually used some JB Weld PVC epoxy I had and it is working, so at least it isn't urgent anymore. Meanwhile, the SWG is a dream come true!

Thank you, I found that part number while searching. I guess I can put the second one in a bucket with all my other orphaned fittings only to forget I have it when I order another one. I can't be the only one with that problem, right? 🤔

I actually used some JB Weld PVC epoxy I had and it is working, so at least it isn't urgent anymore. Meanwhile, the SWG is a dream come true!

Pentair uses a “proprietary” thread pitch because, I was told, field techs don’t like to have to turn the union so many times. It’s honestly silly but that’s how Pentair rolls and then they get to charge you 10X the price of a standard union for their special union.

I guess carpal tunnel syndrome is an occupational hazard for pool plumbing 🤔

I made three attempts at finding them on Amazon. These are the only ones that worked.

Do yourself a favor, before gluing any union onto the pipe make sure they thread onto the SWG. That will avoid a lot of nasty words and heartache.

• Haha
Reactions: midlifecrisis
Pentair uses a “proprietary” thread pitch because, I was told, field techs don’t like to have to turn the union so many times. It’s honestly silly but that’s how Pentair rolls and then they get to charge you 10X the price of a standard union for their special union.

I guess carpal tunnel syndrome is an occupational hazard for pool plumbing 🤔
My mom once told me if I don't have anything good to say, don't say it all. That's where I'm at...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.