Pentair Superflow VST reverts to prime in middle of quick clean

Diehleri

May 14, 2021
Pennsylvania
I had a new Pentair Superflow installed end of season last year and noticed that during quick clean modes (vacuuming pool and shocking) the pump runs for a while and at some point mid cycle time faults/fails back to the 4 minute high speed prime. May be doing the same thing during regular cycles but I only notice during cleaning. Happens faster at higher RPMs ( 10 minutes or so at 3400) and lasts longer at slower (2200). There is full water in the basket so I am not sure why this is happening. Is there a sensor I can shutoff or has anyone experienced this? No word back from Pentair yet. Want to run overnight for opening shock so I set for 16 hours (quick clean at 2200) but think it failed to run and defaulted to pause since it was after factory schedule. Very frustrating! Help!

As the pump is new, and you are sure it is getting continuous proper power, I would file a warranty claim. It should not do what you are saying.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.