Rock Hill, South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I discovered this winter that that when I run my new Pentair superflo VST below 1400RPM (I was trying to run it at 1200rpm 24/7 for the winter) the electrical breaker will always trip at some point during the day. Obviously I am not ever planning on running it below 1400RPM now, but what would cause it to keep tripping the breaker at lower speeds?

VS pumps are known to randomly cause some GFCI breakers to false trip.. I assume it is tripping the GFCI breaker and not a normal breaker.

Is the breaker from Pentair or Siemens??? If not, I would replace the breaker with one from Pentair or Siemens..

Thanks,

Jim R.

VS pumps are known to randomly cause some GFCI breakers to false trip.. I assume it is tripping the GFCI breaker and not a normal breaker.

Is the breaker from Pentair or Siemens??? If not, I would replace the breaker with one from Pentair or Siemens..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks! I can’t remember the brand of the GFCI breaker, but it’s not Pentair or Siemens. I just had it installed last summer for a cost of around $200.00 installed. Previously, my pool only had a regular breaker installed. My solution has been to run the pump no less then 1400RPM. At this speed the pump is only pulling 190 Watts. I would replace it, but it would take quite a while to make up a cost difference of $400.00 in energy savings between running it 1200RPM minimum speed and 1400RPM minimum speed! I do appreciate the reply as it lets me know it’s just some weird electrical fluke, probably caused by electrical noise from the pump at low RPMs that the breaker doesn’t like. I was wondering if it could have been caused by a strain or something on the pump from low flow. If my breaker breaks in the near future I’ll get a Siemens GFCI breaker. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.