Pentair Superflo VS settings

Henry121083

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2018
Newtown
So I finally got my Superflo VS installed and running.

I know what the manufacturers recommendations are - but I was wondering who else has a variable speed pump and what settings are you using?

I live in the Northeast - i have a 25K in ground pool with raised spa, a Jandy DE filter and Mastertemp 400 propane heater.

What is the recommended speed (RPM) for when I'm using the heater to get the Spa hot? I'm thinking I need a separate setting just for that (when heater is in use)

thanks
henry

Normal circulating for skimming and chemical additions I would suggest starting at 1200 rpm. See if your heater works at that speed. If not, increase it by 100 rpm and repeat until you see at what RPM the pressure switch is satisfied.

Normal circulating for skimming and chemical additions I would suggest starting at 1200 rpm. See if your heater works at that speed. If not, increase it by 100 rpm and repeat until you see at what RPM the pressure switch is satisfied.
ok great - how about when the pool isn't in use or overnight? how low should the lower setting be for RPM?

If you want to run the pump 24/7, which is normally not necessary, you can leave it at the 1200 rpm level.

I settled at 2,400 for heating. Every pool is different though, and your heater is twice the size of mine.

The Superflo does a priming cycle at start-up by default. My pool doesn't need that, so I defeated it.

I'm currently running a cycle at 1,200, another at 1,600 and the final at 2,200. I have it timed so the latter is running soon after I get home from work, because that's when I tend to perform tests.

I keep the Quick Clean button programmed at 2,800 when the heater isn't running. I use that when adding chems or if skimming needs a boost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.