Pentair SuperFlo VS GFCI wiring question

smifing

Feb 27, 2024
SD
Greetings humans!

I’m in the process of moving my pool equipment to an alternate location approximately 5-8 feet from its original location. The pump is a SuperFlo VS 1.5HP.

The original workflow had a 2-pole 20A, 240v going from the panel to a Sierra switch to cut off power for the pump. There was an Intermatic timer but that was completely bypassed since the previous owner upgraded to this pump. So the timer was always on and the switch would simply cut the power.

I have a new Siemens GFCI installed in the panel wired up to the new jbox location using 12-3.

Ive landed the white conductor to the middle lug in the breaker and the pigtail on the neutral bar. Hots to the L’s.

My interpretation is that I wire it the same way as previous minus the timer. L1/L2 to Line and Ground to Ground but what about the neutral?

Do I just pop a wire nut on it in the box and wire the pump with hots and ground?

I found this post that seems similar but I didn’t see a solution for the neutral wire at the jbox.

Thanks for any input. Please let me know if you have questions.

Greetings humans!

I’m in the process of moving my pool equipment to an alternate location approximately 5-8 feet from its original location. The pump is a SuperFlo VS 1.5HP.

The original workflow had a 2-pole 20A, 240v going from the panel to a Sierra switch to cut off power for the pump. There was an Intermatic timer but that was completely bypassed since the previous owner upgraded to this pump. So the timer was always on and the switch would simply cut the power.

I have a new Siemens GFCI installed in the panel wired up to the new jbox location using 12-3.

Ive landed the white conductor to the middle lug in the breaker and the pigtail on the neutral bar. Hots to the L’s.

My interpretation is that I wire it the same way as previous minus the timer. L1/L2 to Line and Ground to Ground but what about the neutral?

Do I just pop a wire nut on it in the box and wire the pump with hots and ground?

I found this post that seems similar but I didn’t see a solution for the neutral wire at the jbox.

Thanks for any input. Please let me know if you have questions.
Two hots to the switch, white to the neutral bar. That's it. You don't have a neutral in the pump circuit so nothing attaches to that terminal on the breaker.

Two hots to the switch, white to the neutral bar. That's it. You don't have a neutral in the pump circuit so nothing attaches to that terminal on the breaker.

Thanks for your reply!

It figures I would run more than I needed.

Is there any reason I should remove the NM neutral from the breaker? I have the neutral on the j-box side capped.