NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I had a question for a similar topic but separate issue. Maybe someone could help me out.

I want to wire an interval relay between my Pentair Solar Touch and SWG. If the pump is on, SWG is on and Solar Valve turns on -> the SWG will shut off for a few minutes then turn back on. I was going to wire the interval time between the Solar Touch to the SWG timer. Would anyone have an idea as to the interval switch I could use and a wiring diagram. This would be greatly appreciated

Scenario to Solve:
1. Pump is on
2. SWG is on
3. Solar Kicks On - Actuator Valve Turns
- the SWG turns off for 3-5mins then turns back on
4. Solar Kicks Off - Actuator Valve Turns
- SWG turns off for 3-5mins then turns back on

When the solar valve turns off, the panels empty and drain back into the pool. When the solar is turned back on you can have a decent amount of air flow in the solar system that has to get flushed out. Continuously having airflow through the SWG can cause malfunction/issues. I wanted to try and avoid this, by wiring a delay to the SWG that turns it off for 3mins when my solar kicks on. This will give enough time for the panels to fill up and water to circulate when the SWG kicks back on. There is a flow sensor, but I do not want to solely rely on that every day when Solar is being used.

The Solar Touch has a single pole relay you can use to wire a switch between the SWG and Solar Touch.

I would just let the flow switch do its job.

Check the flow switch regularly and replace it annually if you are worried about all of its cycling.

Yea I agree with that as well! Wasn't sure if anyone had done something similar, but this might be my winter project. If its pretty straight forward I might try it out then I would never have to worry bout the flow switch other than being a backup.

I had a question for a similar topic but separate issue. Maybe someone could help me out.

I want to wire an interval relay between my Pentair Solar Touch and SWG. If the pump is on, SWG is on and Solar Valve turns on -> the SWG will shut off for a few minutes then turn back on. I was going to wire the interval time between the Solar Touch to the SWG timer. Would anyone have an idea as to the interval switch I could use and a wiring diagram. This would be greatly appreciated

Scenario to Solve:
1. Pump is on
2. SWG is on
3. Solar Kicks On - Actuator Valve Turns
- the SWG turns off for 3-5mins then turns back on
4. Solar Kicks Off - Actuator Valve Turns
- SWG turns off for 3-5mins then turns back on
If you are not using it for a booster pump, the relay in the SolarTouch can be used for that purpose. It turns "off" each time the solar turns "on" for about 5 minutes. It is used so that a booster doesn't run dry but will control power to your SWG just as easily. Follow the wiring diagram and substitute your SWG power supply for the booster pump. It really shouldn't be necessary, but if it makes you more comfortable, it won't hurt anything to do it this way.

Reactions: guinness
Perfect - this is great! I was reading up, but didn't realize the booster pump relay did the same thing. Thanks so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.