Pentair Screenlogic Wireless

cshstennis

Sep 5, 2020
The Woodlands, TX
I’ve been searching for hours and tried lots of things, but I can’t get this to work. I just bought this house about a month ago. The red LED light on my Screenlogic Interface Protocol Adapter is solid red. The wireless link has a solid green light under power. The TX light flashes yellow and the RX light does nothing. On the antenna, the TX and RX lights do the same thing. I’ve tried resetting the Protocol Adapter and restarting everything and nothing works. Is it a bad piece of equipment or does any

C,

How far apart are the two antennas?

To be honest, all I did was hook them up and they instantly started talking with each other..

As a test, you can move the outside antenna closer to the inside transceiver with a long 4-wire cable..

I looked at mine for grins and it appears my TX flashes about 4 or 5 times and then the RX flashes once or twice..

Sorry I don't have an answer to your problem..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Have you ever seen it work?

First thing to check is that the physical connection from the transceiver card (antenna) to the outdoor board is good... power the system down and then inspect the terminal blocks on the transceiver and outdoor board.
- Make sure the wires are connected, tight, and there's no corrosion.
- The terminal blocks pull up and off the board... they can get corroded too, so pull it off and take a closer look.
- If you've got a multimeter, set it to continuity and test the wires going from the panel's comm port to the antenna terminal block.

If that fails then it's possible that your wireless link is damaged. Unfortunately these are sold as a matching pair, so you can't just buy an indoor or outdoor replacement.

Reactions: ogdento
No, I’ve never seen it work since I bought the house two months ago. I did what ogdento suggested and checked the terminal boards. No corrosion noticeable, they look practically brand new. I also checked the wires and they are inserted properly. Even when I pull on them slightly they don’t move. I’ve tried what Guinness said as well and that didn’t help. I’ve been trying to connect through the app on my phone, so now I’m trying to eliminate that and I will hook up directly through my computer. I will revert back when I do that.

It sounds like the wireless link is at fault, but you might want to rule out the protocol adapter as a problem... if you have a long enough length of 4-conductor cable you can wire it directly to the outdoor board's comm port as a test. Just shut off power to everything before unscrewing any wires... if you short the data lines you'll blow up comm ports.

Reactions: guinness

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You might have a bad protocol adapter. Can you take a photo of it so we know what you have. Do you see any lights next to the ethernet connector? Can you see the MAC address in your connected router?

Forgetting the wireless link, when you connect an ethernet cable from your protocol adapter to your internet router do you see a MAC address ending w/ F7-5B-F6?

You probably have a bad PA then, sorry. Do the ethernet link leds blink on either the PA or the router? Do you have another cable you can try?

Assuming you have the RS485 wiring connected and the red light is showing. Using a multimeter you should measure 15vdc on red/black wires.

Last edited:
if you're not seeing link activity with the PA connected to your network, it's entirely possible that the IP addresses aren't on the same subnet (192.168.1.x vs 192.168.200.x). you could hook the PA and a laptop to a standalone router (just the three devices) and use wireshark to look for "arp" packets... if you don't see one with your PA's mac address then the link isn't working right. or you might see that your PA is using a different net, explaining why your router can't find it.

if all else fails you could call Pentair and ask for a new PA... they've been known to replace them.

Reactions: guinness
Since you just moved in and probably have a new router you might need to press and release the reset button 3 times, this resets the adapter and forces the adapter to request a new IP address. Also take a look at the installation and users guide if you haven't already.
Is that the factory reset procedure? First thing I did with my PA is give it a static IP address. If that's still in place, that could be the issue. I'd hunt down the factory reset procedure and perform that a few times, being sure to remove power to the PA for at least 30 seconds between each reset.

Try one or two different ethernet cables, even if the one you're using tests good in some other device. 90% of all electronics failures are due to cables or their connectors. (I made up the 90%, but the number is up there.)

The fact that all the components were in place doesn't mean they were all working just before you took over. Might have pooped out years ago and was "conveniently" forgotten about in the disclosure phase. My sellers rolled up all the window shades and hoped I wouldn't find the cat claw holes in just about every one of them. Don't get me started on what they hid about the pool!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.