Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all,

Long story short, I had a computer crash, reinstalled Windows 10, and then tried to set up screen logic.
I followed the instructions to update the protocol adapter to match the new ScreenLogic software that I downloaded here: ScreenLogic Update

After doing this, I could see the protocol adapter in the Screenlogic software on the pc, but could not connect to it. I could connect via iPhone app, but couldn't control the pool. Rebooting the Easytouch allowed me to control the pool via mobile app, but I still could not connect via the PC (though I could still see the adapter).

Here's the part where I confess to being a complete idiot. Partly because I know very little about networking, but mostly because I totally messed around with something I knew nothing about. I'll confess to what I did and hope that one of you kind people will be able to help me, even if by telling me who to call for paid help (aside from a therapist).

Okay. Here goes. I read somewhere (that of course I now can't find), that the adaptor likely had an old IP address in it, likely 192.168.1.X. I saw the button in the Screenlogic software called "Configure IP Info" and thought, "Oooh, I'll press that." The top line was "IP Address," and, being the genius that I am, I typed in 192.168.1.21 and hit enter. Now I can't see the adapter from PC or iPhone. I know.

I've tried unplugging the Cat5 cable and while power-cycling the router and adaptor in various orders. I've tried pressing the adaptor reset button, holding the button, pressing it three times, and pressing it while standing on my head, but none of these reset button maneuvers seem to have any effect whatsoever. I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer.

Last edited:
What IP address range is your home router set for?

Go back to the Configure IP info and click Set DHCP. It will reset the system to a Dynamic IP address.

Mknauss: that was my go-to thought as well, but that button is inactive now that ScreenLogic can’t see the PA.

ajw22: I'm operating in unfamiliar territory with associated unfamiliar language, but on the LAN settings page of my router it looks like it is set to be used as a DHCP server with addresses from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.254 if that's what you mean.

Mknauss: that was my go-to thought as well, but that button is inactive now that ScreenLogic can’t see the PA.

ajw22: I'm operating in unfamiliar territory with associated unfamiliar language, but on the LAN settings page of my router it looks like it is set to be used as a DHCP server with addresses from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.254 if that's what you mean.

Yup, your router will only recognize devices within that 10.0.0.XXX address range. All other IP addresses are outside your network and are ignored.

You need to setup a router with an address range of 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254 and plug in your PC and the PA. Then you will be able to talk to the PA and reset the IP.

You need to change your router DHCP top address range to 10.0.0.249 so that you can use IP address 250, through 254 as fixed IP addresses. Then assign one of them to the PA when you can talk to it. Then move the PA with the 10.0.0.25X address onto your home network.

It's amazing how archaic the networking options are on the PA brick. The "reset" button does nothing to help once it has been placed into a static IP afaik.

For the last few days I can connect to the brick but it's not controlling anything in the pool. This thing is finicky at best.

Last edited:
It's amazing how archaic the networking options are on the PA brick. The "reset" button does nothing to help once it has been placed into a static IP afaik.

For the last few days I can connect to the brick but it's not controlling anything in the pool. This thing is finicky at best.
I didn’t notice that the reset button really does anything at all. It’s definitely finicky. After fixing the IP address, it took a few reboots to connect, and I can see the adapter in ScreenLogic on the PC but can get past the “connecting” screen in the “configurator” or in ScreenLogic itself. The iPhone ScreenLogic and SLConfig apps work fine though. Oh well.

I can't get past that screen on the PC and none of the mobile apps work.

I tried calling pentair to see if they can do some sort of "remote" reset, since it is connecting to their servers.

No one called me back

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My mobile apps didn’t work at first either. Rebooting my controls at the equipment pad seemed to make mine connect so that I could control it from my mobile apps.

Yup, your router will only recognize devices within that 10.0.0.XXX address range. All other IP addresses are outside your network and are ignored.

You need to setup a router with an address range of 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254 and plug in your PC and the PA. Then you will be able to talk to the PA and reset the IP.

You need to change your router DHCP top address range to 10.0.0.249 so that you can use IP address 250, through 254 as fixed IP addresses. Then assign one of them to the PA when you can talk to it. Then move the PA with the 10.0.0.25X address onto your home network.
This worked. Thank you!

I thought my PCA was dead. But I had recently upgraded to a new ASUS router, and out of the box, the routers base IP was 192.168.50.1 instead of the usual 192.168.1.1

The PCAs IP with the old router was under .50 so the PCA didn't show up in the new routers device list.

I Reset the new router‘s base IP to 192.168.1.1 then reset the PCA. It got a new IP via DHCP, was discoverable, and now everything works well again - remote access via PC and via ScreenLogic App.

Be advised, the router will reset new IPs for all devices on DHCP on the network starting with 192.168.1.2 and this takes time. The Apple devices needed no work; the picked up their new IP’s, but on a few PC’s I had to disable/reenable network adapter so PC would get new IP from the new router.

Your suggestion only allows 5 devices to get connected to the router. Who has only 5 devices that connect to a router anymore? We have wireless phones, printers, laptops, PCs. etc. This is not a workable solution. Besides, limiting number of IP address gives you what advantage?

Your suggestion only allows 5 devices to get connected to the router. Who has only 5 devices that connect to a router anymore? We have wireless phones, printers, laptops, PCs. etc. This is not a workable solution. Besides, limiting number of IP address gives you what advantage?

All of the devices that you list should pull IP addresses from the DHCP address pool which will be over 200 addresses. The assumption is the OP who that was written for has no need for fixed IP addresses beyond his PA so 5 addresses are plenty. If you have different needs then adjust the IP pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.