jwl17330536

Mar 30, 2020
Clayton, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have had a ScreenLogic 2 for a few years now. A year or two in it stopped working and I found a thread here that told me to try to replace the battery and voila. It worked again. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when it stopped working reliably. It would connect some and be fine, other times it would connect and disconnect soon after, and at other times for hours I would not be able to connect. I pinged it and noticed that it had 100+ms latency and would only respond to about 40% of the pings. I replaced the battery, did a reset, and nothing. I called Pentair with zero hope.

Joe, at Pentair, asked me my setup and I explained I had a modem > router serving dhcp > a managed switch > my mesh Wi-Fi in bridge mode. I told him that the Pentair protocol adapter right off the managed switch. He told me to connect it to something downstream of the mesh system and all would be fixed. Me, being an IT pro, thought he was crazy but would oblige. Voila. It works again!

Thank you Joe at Pentair! I was pleasantly surprised with both Joe’s knowledge and how quickly they returned my call since I’m not a dealer/reseller.

Hope this helps someone with their ScreenLogic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.