Pentair screen logic - pump turns off overnight

pers785

Sep 28, 2022
Texas
We typically run our pool pump during day time hours and haven't noticed any issues in that regard. However on two occasions now, I have attempted to heat the pool overnight for a pool day and let the pump and heater run overnight. By the time I've gone to bed both nights, the pump was still running, however by morning time, the pump was off. No idea if it turned off right as I went to bed or right before I woke up or somewhere in between.

Any thoughts on what I can do to troubleshoot what is causing this? Something within the app or settings? Or more related to a pump error/over heating issue?

Thanks

Last edited:

If you turn on something manually, it will only stay on until the egg-timer times out. The default egg-timer is set to 12 hours. What is your Pool egg-timer set to?

Do you have ScreenLogic on your PC?

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you turn on something manually, it will only stay on until the egg-timer times out. The default egg-timer is set to 12 hours. What is your Pool egg-timer set to?

Do you have ScreenLogic on your PC?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Without sounding like a complete noob, I have no idea what the egg timer is or where to find that setting.

I do not have the screen logic app on my PC, only on my phone, although I can download it to the PC if that's a better way to access it

On your phone app, go to Schedules. Under that will be Schedules and Egg Timer. Touch Egg Timer.
It will list your Egg timers. Assuming you have an EasyTouch (not Lite), You can have 12 schedules and Egg Timers (not set to 12 hours 0 minutes) combined.

Marty,

Do you have an Android phone or an Apple phone?

I don't use my phone much, but can't find egg-timers on my android phone. Sigh!!

Could be right in front of me, but I don't see it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the advice! I installed the app and now see the egg timer.

Any reason not to increase the egg timer?

Or what's my best solution to allow me to run the pool pump overnight for 16+ hours?

Thanks

How many schedules and Egg Timers set to other than 12 hours 0 minutes do you have? Confirm that you do NOT have an Easytouch Lite.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.