Pentair Salt Chlorinator Without Power

sheree202

Gold Supporter
Jan 15, 2016
Lawrenceville, GA
I've been trying to find the answer to this on my own, but I'm just not sure is I should be looking for a fuse or if my set up would not have one. A pool repair company told us we need to replace the salt chlorinator for $1200. I would like to make sure it's not a cheaper fix to buy us a few more years. We've have this one for 3-4 yrs. Suddenly no power.112870112871

Attachments

• 20190728_142152.jpg
    20190728_142152.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190728_142214.jpg
    20190728_142214.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 17

You will never have any lights with the system in the Service mode...

For the ET to power the cell you have to be in "Auto".. either Pool mode or Spa mode.

Is the pump running? If you have the IntelliFlo pump, does the pump's display say "Display not Active"??

Please let me know if that is not the issue and I'll give you more stuff to check,

Thanks,

Jim R.

You will never have any lights with the system in the Service mode...

For the ET to power the cell you have to be in "Auto".. either Pool mode or Spa mode.

Is the pump running? If you have the IntelliFlo pump, does the pump's display say "Display not Active"??

Please let me know if that is not the issue and I'll give you more stuff to check,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim, pump has been running fine.

Thank you guys! Got the chlorinator to light up by going Auto mode. It says no flow so I'm going to try acid cleaning it.....its been a while!
Be careful with the acid. Acid washing will decrease the life of the plates. Inspect the plates first and if you see signs of build up then proceed with acid washing. Just my thoughts :cheers:

Do not acid wash your cell for a low flow problem.. Your filter is more than likely dirty.. If the low flow goes away with a speed increase, then it is the filter for sure.

I would change pool repair companies to one that won't cheat you... :mrgreen: Or at least one that has a clue as to what they are doing..

Jim R.

Reactions: sheree202
While in Service mode, the chlorinator should receive power if you push the "Filter Pump" button.

The red light below the "Filter Pump" button needs to be on for the cell to receive power. The red light indicates that the filter relay is closed.

In service mode, this is done by pressing the Filter Pump button. In Auto mode, this happens automatically when the pump is turned on.

If you have a single speed pump, the pump should start and the cell should show flow.

If you have an Intelliflo, the Intelliflo will be controlled by the keypad on the pump.

If the Intelliflo is not running, the cell should show no flow.

What pump do you have?

If it's a variable speed pump, what speed are you running?

What is the filter pressure?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay, so I cleaned the filters and the chlorinater (it ended up having build up)....tried to turn everything back on (excited that it would be running better fresh off a cleaning). Now the pump is giving me the overcurrent alarm message. Ugh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.