Pentair rainbow telescoping pole

thanks. Not sure why or how the inner pole is bent and the outer pole is not.

Did you use a net to get leaves out of the pool? When fully extended, the inner pole will be the part the net is attached to and furthest from your hands which are the pivot point. A load of wet leaves in a net can put a lot of stress on the pole.

Hmmm. Didnt think of that. I can see how bending could happen but that’s not my case. I seem to remember we received this pole as part of the equipment that was provided with our new pool. At the time it appeared to not be a new pole. So I think there is my answer.

The Pentair poles are lightweight and flimsy, in my opinion. I still have mine that the PB left for me, but don't use it for anything that I need to extend it for, mostly because the stupid locking mechanism is Crud. To get it tight enough to not slip, I have to break out pliers to work it.

I upgraded to a Pro-Tuff pool pole during my first summer with the pool. It's been a joy to use that.

I would recommend their pole and nets, as they all carry a lifetime warranty. I have not had to take advantage of the warranty yet but from what I've heard from those who have, you basically tell them its broke, and they send a new one.

There is also a few other less costly options that are a serious upgrade from the Pentair pole as well. This is one I was looking at prior to purchasing the Pro-Tuff one... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MAHAV...olid=1AH0JQY0TIZE9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

--Jeff

The Pentair poles are lightweight and flimsy, in my opinion. I still have mine that the PB left for me, but don't use it for anything that I need to extend it for, mostly because the stupid locking mechanism is Crud. To get it tight enough to not slip, I have to break out pliers to work it.

I upgraded to a Pro-Tuff pool pole during my first summer with the pool. It's been a joy to use that.

I would recommend their pole and nets, as they all carry a lifetime warranty. I have not had to take advantage of the warranty yet but from what I've heard from those who have, you basically tell them its broke, and they send a new one.

There is also a few other less costly options that are a serious upgrade from the Pentair pole as well. This is one I was looking at prior to purchasing the Pro-Tuff one... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005MAHAV...olid=1AH0JQY0TIZE9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

--Jeff
Thank. I need this info to help me move away from the Pentair pole.

FYI - Pro-tuff stuff is all available from Amazon. I think that is their only sales channel.

--Jeff

Hmmm. Didnt think of that. I can see how bending could happen but that’s not my case. I seem to remember we received this pole as part of the equipment that was provided with our new pool. At the time it appeared to not be a new pole. So I think there is my answer.
One handed operation, no real moving parts, I've used the same one for 25 years, worth the price. Even the third small diameter portion is very strong:

I first used their 2-piece version for about 5 years until I backed it into a tree and bent it. Found the 3-piece that fit completely in the bed of my truck. No more pole hanging out the back advertising "pool guy on board."

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.