Pentair Racer

jscottou22

Apr 28, 2019
Lantana, TX
So construction finished on my pull last month, and I have been up and running for almost a month now. My pool came with a Pentair Racer pressure side cleaner. I noticed that most of the cleaners I have seen have a tail and nozzle trailing behind. When I asked my pool builder if mine was supposed to come with a tail, she said that they have found that this particular cleaner works better without one. Does that sound accurate? I am not sure what benefit their would be to not having one. Trying to decide if I need to press them to bring me the tail regardless of if they think it is necessary or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: jscottou22
Get the tail. Put it on and see what you think. You can always take it off.

The tail stirs up the water on the bottom and does some scrubbing with the foam end.

Reactions: jscottou22
I had a Racer for 4 years. I took the tail off and had better results for my pool. The tail did stir things up but I wanted things to stay on bottom so cleaner would pick them up.

FYI keep the Pentair customer service warranty number handy. After 4 years and many rebuilds ( search this forum ) I purchased the new Polaris Quattro ( did not come with tail ), so far better pressure cleaner than Racer.

I had a Racer for 4 years. I took the tail off and had better results for my pool. The tail did stir things up but I wanted things to stay on bottom so cleaner would pick them up.

FYI keep the Pentair customer service warranty number handy. After 4 years and many rebuilds ( search this forum ) I purchased the new Polaris Quattro ( did not come with tail ), so far better pressure cleaner than Racer.
Good to know. Since this Racer was included with my new pool, I will see how it goes and look into possibly upgrading down the road. Afraid my wife would kill me if I proposed spending any more money on the pool at the moment!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.