Pentair Racer (pressure) low RPM Troubleshoot help needed

DreamCatcher

Sep 18, 2019
I am only getting 26 RPM on Racer. Checked pressure at wall and meets Pentair pressure guage. Installed new axle on Racer. Installed new swivels on hose. Still < 26 RPM. Should be 33 or more.

This impacts the ability to get pool clean as the low RPM/low pressure is often stopping cleaner in corners. Called Pentair but they were ZERO help.

For 2 years Racer was great cleaner. Any ideas where to troubleshoot next? Thanks.

Did you double check the filter screen on the wall connection? When I had my Racer ( gone now ) I did not follow the Pentair pressure gauge that was included with the Racer. I just opened up the wall fitting regulator to full to get it to clean better.

Well then you will have to do surgery. There is a good you tube vid on how to take the racer apart. I bet some debris got into one of the internal pumps. Oh , just remembered, are the swivels on the hose ok? I have had some not seal very well before.

Well if you want to stay with a pressure cleaner I can recommend the Polaris Quattro. It has been in service about 4 months and does a excellent job, far better than the racer ever did. It has a far better engineering design than the Racer IMO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.