Pentair Protocol Adapter - change IP address

RogerSlo

Jun 12, 2022
California
My Pentair automation protocol adapter has been connected to a router that was using 192.168.29.1 as the default address for DHCP. My new Netgrear router is using 192.168.1.1. The protocol adapter is still connecting as 29.1 despite me resetting it. As such, i can see the device but i am not able to communicate with it since all my devices and the admin are on 1.x type addressing and not 29.x. How can i communicated with the adapter and reset the IP address?? I’ve tried the SL config utility, the router itself, etc. The adapter is ovviously connected as ethernet.

Welcome to TFP.

You can try pushing the PA reset button 3 times. It is inside the little hole in one end of the adapter. It often takes multiple trys to get it to work and reset.

Otherwise you need to create a 192.168.29.XXX network using your old router and connect your PC to it so that you can connect to the PA and change its IP address to be in the 192.168.1.XXX range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.