Pentair ORP Intellichem reading not working after bee fight

Gottabewet

Silver Supporter
Jun 18, 2018
Hudson Vally NY
We had a nasty bees nest the size of a softball that was right underneath the intellichem box. I was worried about using the tradition wasp and bee spray because I thought it might somehow get into the two probes that are right underneath the intellichem box and bees nest. So I attacked with a garden hose. It was a half hour attack with lots of water pounding the area of the intellichem box and probe area. Now the ORP reading will not get to where it should be which was always at 610 where we set it to. Now unfortunately it will only go to 315 max. Can't figure out why or how to fix it. This means our salt water generator is on 100% full blast all the time because of the low reading. The minimum you can set the ORP to is 400 and it can never reach that. I tried unscrewing the 2 probes a quarter turn and re-attaching them hoping it would magically reset but it didn't. Any help would be much appreciated.

On another note - I see you have intellichlor and intellichem. Could I ask you how your intellichem ORP dosing is set up? Do you dose to set point? Does that work reliably for you? When your SWCG turns on does your ORP rise? How well does your FC correlate with your ORP?

Sorry for so many questions. There are a few of us on here that use this setup and finding somebody where it actually works reliably to control FC based on dosing ORP to a set point is elusive.

Reactions: jonpcar
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.