Pentair Multi Port Valve cover

Jul 25, 2010
Folks,
I'm getting various 'weeping' from the valve cover, even with a new O-Ring, plus I have a hairline crack at the 9 o clock position in the pic on top of the cover. Has anyone tried this product? Price looks good. I was getting weeping from the 5 to 7 o clock area, now that's ok but problems at the 11 to 1 o clock area. I have re-positioned the o-ring to no effect. I have asked INYO pools if this is a fit for my valve, it looks like it is. The only thing left on my valve label is xxxx3207 at top right which I believe is teh p/n for the actual label.

Praher Top Assy, Valve 2 white w/ decal (e-50-s2) - INYOPools.com

Attachments

• Multi Port Valve.jpg
    Multi Port Valve.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 39
Are you referring to 'weeping' as a small leak under the Handle from the Valve Shaft area? I'm guessing that's true. If so, that problem is usually caused by:

- Shaft Stem O-ring's (2)
- Top Valve Cover

The problem can also be small debris lodged in the o-ring & Top Valve Cover sealing surfaces or the Valve Diffuser Shaft (Diffuser part # 271168)

You're correct about the xx3207 part #. That's the "Label, DE Valve" Pentair part # 273207 .

Your valve appears to be the same valve as what I have, the Pentair model SM-20-2 part # 261152 (2" DE valve).

If that's correct, you might consider buying the complete Top Valve assembly part # 270067 :

Pentair Valve Top Assembly 270067 | Pentair 270067

If you would like to replace the parts that usually cause the Valve Shaft leaking, here are the 2 parts that usually cause that problem:

Pentair Valve Top 271169

Pentair O-ring 191479 (2ea)

I recently had the valve-leaking problem and the problem turned out to be the Top Valve Cover part # 271169 .

After I replaced that part, I went ahead & ordered a complete spare Top Valve assembly so I can swap it out when I have a leak issue & then replace parts on the original assembly at my convenience.

Regarding the Top Valve Cover part, when I searched online for a replacement, I wasn't able to find the original white cover, only the black covers. I contacted an online store about that & they said Pentair had discontinued the white covers.

Since I wasn't able to label the valve positions on the black cover with a regular black Sharpie marker, I used a white Sharpie marker. I didn't want to buy the valve label.

The Praher Top Valve assembly part might work on a Pentair Valve (assuming you have the Pentair valve model). If you have a Praher valve, then you're good to go with that link you posted.

Are you referring to 'weeping' as a small leak under the Handle from the Valve Shaft area? I'm guessing that's true. If so, that problem is usually caused by:

- Shaft Stem O-ring's (2)
- Top Valve Cover

The problem can also be small debris lodged in the o-ring & Top Valve Cover sealing surfaces or the Valve Diffuser Shaft (Diffuser part # 271168)

You're correct about the xx3207 part #. That's the "Label, DE Valve" Pentair part # 273207 .

Your valve appears to be the same valve as what I have, the Pentair model SM-20-2 part # 261152 (2" DE valve).

If that's correct, you might consider buying the complete Top Valve assembly part # 270067 :

Pentair Valve Top Assembly 270067 | Pentair 270067

If you would like to replace the parts that usually cause the Valve Shaft leaking, here are the 2 parts that usually cause that problem:

Pentair Valve Top 271169

Pentair O-ring 191479 (2ea)

I recently had the valve-leaking problem and the problem turned out to be the Top Valve Cover part # 271169 .

After I replaced that part, I went ahead & ordered a complete spare Top Valve assembly so I can swap it out when I have a leak issue & then replace parts on the original assembly at my convenience.

Regarding the Top Valve Cover part, when I searched online for a replacement, I wasn't able to find the original white cover, only the black covers. I contacted an online store about that & they said Pentair had discontinued the white covers.

Since I wasn't able to label the valve positions on the black cover with a regular black Sharpie marker, I used a white Sharpie marker. I didn't want to buy the valve label.

The Praher Top Valve assembly part might work on a Pentair Valve (assuming you have the Pentair valve model). If you have a Praher valve, then you're good to go with that link you posted.

actually the 'weeping' is coming from a crack right next to the screw in the 9 o clock position if the pic was the correct way up. In any event thanks for the info, I appreciate you taking the time to give me some other options on replacement parts.
Thanks

oh5x53.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.