Pentair MPV leaking from seam

Aug 6, 2013
I have an old Purex Triton (now Pentair) SM-20-3 MPV. On opening last weekend it was leaking out to waste so I replaced the spider gasket (Pentair 271148) and o-ring (Pentair 271151). When the pump is running the valve is now leaking from the seam between the lid and the base. Photos and video are below.

I tried (over?)tightening all the screws. Then I tried loosening the screws. Then I disassembled, gave the mating surfaces a good cleaning, reseated and retightened. Then I had the thought that perhaps the replacement o-ring was thinner than the original, so I replaced the original o-ring. The o-ring was lubed until the entire surface was shiny, but not so much that there's any visible globs of magic lube. Water is still seeping from the seam.

What else should I try before I resort to something drastic like throwing down some beads of RTV silicone around the mating surface or o-ring?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.