Pentair Mobiletouch 2 battery

May 11, 2016
Troy IL
Hello all. I've searched for this, but can't seem to find anything here or anywhere else. But there has to be a way, so I ask....

My dad has a Pentair Mobiletouch 2 controller on his pool. The battery is beyond worn, and needs replaced. Pentair wants something like $300 and I see them for as low as $165 or so online in various places. But there has to be a 7.4 volt 1500mAh battery pack out there for $20 or so that'll fit in this thing. I've searched and have no problem locating one that will meet the voltage and amp requirements, but can't seem to find one that'll fit in what I measured to be a roughly 1/4" deep x 2" x 2 3/4" battery carriage area.

Has anyone around here had any success with a cheap diy replacement batter? or are you really stuck paying a fortune?

Hello all. I've searched for this, but can't seem to find anything here or anywhere else. But there has to be a way, so I ask....

My dad has a Pentair Mobiletouch 2 controller on his pool. The battery is beyond worn, and needs replaced. Pentair wants something like $300 and I see them for as low as $165 or so online in various places. But there has to be a 7.4 volt 1500mAh battery pack out there for $20 or so that'll fit in this thing. I've searched and have no problem locating one that will meet the voltage and amp requirements, but can't seem to find one that'll fit in what I measured to be a roughly 1/4" deep x 2" x 2 3/4" battery carriage area.

Has anyone around here had any success with a cheap diy replacement batter? or are you really stuck paying a fortune?
I'm surprised that this thread didn't get more traction and feedback. I concur with camueller that a more cost effective solution should be available. $200 for a battery is ridiculous and I'll start making some phone calls this week and will update if a better solution is available

SUCCESS. I have found a battery store that is ordering a replacement battery the same size and shape at the "Pentair" battery. We will then cut off the connector of the existing battery and install on the new battery. I should have the battery in hand in a couple weeks and will give all the details then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.