Pentair MiniMax Plus 400 not firing

Aug 12, 2016
Murrieta,CA
Hello All,
Wanted to get the kids in the hot tub two nights ago and discovered the heater wouldn't fire.
The lights are all on except heat and the service light is on as well. The pilot wants to fire (klicking noise for several seconds), but no gas flowing.
The troubleshoot guide shows "blown thermal fuse blocks firing".
Is that something I can fix/ replace myself or do I have to call a service technician.
Help greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Thomas

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When's the last time you replaced the flow meter? My heater is a lot older than yours so I don't have any codes to read, but it was having trouble at times lighting (would click forever and finally light - eventually it stopped lighting altogether and would just click). Replacing a $60 flow meter took care of it. I wasn't able to get it out myself (it was frozen into the socket) so I had to hire someone, but if it hadn't been frozen in place it was a simple fix.

I believe you can troubleshoot this by bypassing the flow meter for a moment to see if the heater lights.

Hello All,
So I tried the POWER/T-STAT/AUX/PRESS/SERVICE NO SPARK troubleshooting (pg. 27), and when it stopped clicking the Pilot valve light on the back of circuit board went out. I DO have 24v at the orange wire.

Any thoughts? Bad Module?

Remove and open the ignition control module and see if the board looks good. As mentioned earlier, it's usually the control module or the actual system board causing the ignitor to act like this. Usually a visual inspection of the two boards will reveal the issue.

I have an old heater similar to this and I get this same thing every year after opening. I have to remove the burner assembly and clean it. The reason is that it the small holes get clogged with dirt and there is not enough gas flow. Once I clean and reassemble the unit fires without any issues.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.