Pentair microbrite to globrite niche adapter

blebl3

Bronze Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
lake charles, la
I’ve had a 4yo pentair globrite color LED fail (like so many others on here it seems). Rather than replacing it with the same, I’m looking into the newer microbrite lights.

It looks like pentair makes an adapter to use the microbrite light in the globrite niche. Anyone have any experience with it? Any luck with location to buy/source it?

Looking for a DIY solution, as the local pool companies have quoted me $850-900+ to replace the one light (with another globrite). They had no idea about the above mentioned adapter.

Thanks!

Have not seen the new adapter. Florida Sunseeker uses a silicone ring on their lights that replace the Globrite.

If you want to maintain the Pentair lightshows and such, you will either have to go with a Globrite or Microbrite.

Poolsupplyunlimited shows them. Not sure if they have any in stock.

Also have the microbrite with the adapter already installed.

I have not bought from them before but found they were the only ones with the adapter the last time I looked for it.

I will be replacing my globrites with microbrites once they fail and I am out of warranty. Had to have my spa light replaced and the PB did it under warranty so I am not going to complain.

--Jeff

Has there been an update to the Florida Sunseeker GloBrite silicone ring adapter? I'm getting ready to replace 3 GloBrites with MicroBrites. I desire to stay with PA due to automation. In a previous post there was some concern about the adapter being strong enough to hold the light. THX in advance for any info.

If your pool wall is flat or only very slightly curved, the adapter works well. The Sunseeker light is 6" in diameter (outside ring). So if your pool wall is curved, like in a spa foot well or similar, the light will not lie flat. The holding power is good. My issue with them was my spa is curved where the light is.

Thanks for the quick response M!! I'll be using the MicroBrite which is less than 2" so the adapter should be a definite go on the flat surface of the pool, correct?

I suspect the Microbrite fits into the ring the Globrite does. The Sunseeker uses a larger LED panel as it is far brighter than the Globrite.

Marty can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Florida sunseeker adapter is for a Pentair Microbrite. I believe it is just to adapt their lamp to the Globrite niche.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for your input, Jeff. I believe Marty is correct too. The FS adapter is adapting the GloBrite (GB) to 1.5" for the FS light. The MicroBrite (MB) is 1.5 sooo I'm willing to give it a try for dry fit before install. The asthetics of the MB compared to the 7" FS will work better for me. Our pool is a scallop with lights at 7.5' (12' width) 15' (15' width) and 22.5 (12' width) on a 30' pool. Lights are at the three previous points. The MB's are about 25% less illum but I believe the illum will be acceptable for the performance compared to the failure of the GBs. I've been through 7 GBs and I'm not going there again.

Looking for input on rather the above seems feasible?

--Dana

Last edited:
Not that it helps your problem but another option is the Jandy Watercolors Hydrocool 1.5” lights. They make a “P” version that is compatible with Pentair automation and they come in several different wattages.

Not that it helps your problem but another option is the Jandy Watercolors Hydrocool 1.5” lights. They make a “P” version that is compatible with Pentair automation and they come in several different wattages.

CMP has 1.5” LED lights with Pentair compatibility…

All, Just received a reply from CMP on their Brilliant Wonders 1.5" lights.
Dana,
Thank you for the email. CMP Lights will NOT fit into GloBrites Niches/bodies, sorry.
Thank you,
Wayne Babcock
I ordered a silicone adapter ($3.00) from Florida Sunseekers for a test. If it fits their 1.5" body there sould be no reason it won't fit a MicroBrite (MB). I'll keep you-all updated.

I talked with a wholesale pools supply house today about PA MB 602166 (MB 150' with built in GloBrite niche adapter). They called PA and they are in stock. I now have Leslies Pool Supply trying to order them. Keep ya updated on that too. If any of you know a vendor that has them in stock please let me know.

--Dana

All, Just received a reply from CMP on their Brilliant Wonders 1.5" lights.

I ordered a silicone adapter ($3.00) from Florida Sunseekers for a test. If it fits their 1.5" body there sould be no reason it won't fit a MicroBrite (MB). I'll keep you-all updated.

I talked with a wholesale pools supply house today about PA MB 602166 (MB 150' with built in GloBrite niche adapter). They called PA and they are in stock. I now have Leslies Pool Supply trying to order them. Keep ya updated on that too. If any of you know a vendor that has them in stock please let me know.

--Dana
They also make the adapter itself so you don’t have to buy 150’ light cable, however finding one in stock will be difficult. Here’s the part #

Pentair MicroBrite to GloBrite Niche Adapter | 618040​

Just checking back here to see what option was chosen and if you are happy with it?

I have to replace my GloBrite for the third time... If I understand all of the above info, I have only these choices:
1) Replace with Globrite and keep handing Pentair more $ every 2-3 years.
2) Replace with Microbrite and adapter 602166? (are lumens and colors the same as GloBrite?)
3) Are the Jandy Watercolors and Brilliant Wonders lights the exact same light? And do they NOT have adapters for GloBrite niche? Seems their colors can sync with Pentair...
4) Florida Sunseeks does have adapter for GloBrite niche? But it seems it is much wider light and will not work on sun shelf where I need same exterior diameter as GloBrite.

Which way did you go and am I right on the options? Thanks!

2) Replace with Microbrite and adapter 602166? (are lumens and colors the same as GloBrite?)

Nope.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png

3) Are the Jandy Watercolors and Brilliant Wonders lights the exact same light? And do they NOT have adapters for GloBrite niche? Seems their colors can sync with Pentair...

Nope.

4) Florida Sunseeks does have adapter for GloBrite niche? But it seems it is much wider light and will not work on sun shelf where I need same exterior diameter as GloBrite.

Which way did you go and am I right on the options? Thanks!

Dunno the way your pool looks to have an opinion.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.