Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Good evening All,
I had four Pentair Microbrite color LED lights installed during a recent remodel. Ever since they have been installed they will only turn on to the standard white (standard light switch). When I attempt to cycle the light switch to change the color scheme they remain white. I went to the junction box and disconnected the load wire coming from the transformer and cycled it like I did with the light switch and the color scheme changed. What could be some of the issues?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP.

What model light transformer was installed?

Are you positive that color lights were installed? They may have accidently installed white lights.

Thank you for the replies.

They are all color for sure. I have been able to cycle through the different light shows by disconnecting the load wire in the junction box and cycling through the light shows by touching the cluster of wires going to the lights.

Intermatic PX100.

Some ideas

Try a Pentair light transformer.

Put a voltmeter on the transformer input and output lines and watch the pulses as you cycle the light switch. If you have access to an oscilloscope it would even be better.

I wonder if Intermatic put a capacitor in their transformer to smooth out transient voltage. The Intermatic transformer is not letting the voltage drop quickly enough for the light to see the pulse.