Pentair Mastertemp 400 r14 Error Code...

Feb 23, 2018
Henderson
Hi all!

We just had our gas hooked up today and finally fired up the heater. We have a Pentair Mastertemp 400.

It turns on, runs through the light show and displays the temperature. I can press "POOL" or "SPA" and the heater starts working.

However, when I try to turn on the heater through ScreenLogic, the heater turns on, does the light show, and then displays "r14" and turns off.

When I put the control panel into "Service" mode and press the heater button, the heater turns on, displays r14, and then continues to start the heater. Weird.

We have an Pentair EasyTouch PSL4 control panel, and I suspect it's a communication issue between the two devices since each works perfectly independently.

Has anyone had a similar issue, or observed this error code? Does anyone know where I can find an error code guide for the Mastertemp?

Thank you!

Reactions: Artur rocha
Fixed it!!! My EasyTouch was set to "Man. Heat>ON". Once I turned that off, it worked from ScreenLogic.

Now I have another issue...

When I turn on "HEATER" from the Pool menu in ScreenLogic, it fires up the heat.
When I turn on "HEATER" from the Spa menu in ScreenLogic, it fires up the heat, but with the "POOL ON" button lit on the Mastertemp display, not "SPA ON".

Anyone know an easy fix for that?

After some research, it seems that the heater itself does not switch modes on its panel when changing modes on the EasyTouch. It simply heats to the temperature determined by the EasyTouch. So, the behavior I am experiencing is normal.

The only other thing I had to do was set the temperature on the Mastertemp to the max (104 degrees) and then I have full control of the temperature range via ScreenLogic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.