Pentair Mastertemp 400 Panel/buttons do not work

Aug 25, 2018
CT
Hello,

The heater was working when we opened the pool in May. Today I tried to heat it up a bit and nothing is working. As if there is no power to the heater. I checked the all the wires on the back of the control panel, seems to be ok. Wires that I can see, seem ok. What can it be?

Thanks in advance!

Impossible to diagnose heater problem without a voltmeter.

We have this same pool heater and have had to replace the button panel about six times. Finally, Pentair said they’d no longer cover replacing it and now we have to pay for it ourselves. The repair man said he believes water is getting in behind the “sticker” and shorting it out. We bought a waterproof grill cover to put over it when we aren’t using the heater and that worked for about a month. The next time we tried to use it, it didn’t work. If you figure out what went wrong, please share...I’d love to figure ours out as well!

I've decided to wait til next year to look into this. Don't want to spend the money now, and potentially in the spring if mice have a field day in there. I only have a couple of weeks left of the season. Thanks everyone for your input.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.