Pentair Mastertemp 400 No Blower No Flame (HLS light and Service Heater light on)

Aikaru

Dec 22, 2022
Florida
Hi all...recently I decided to use my old mastertemp 400 heater for the spa again after about a year. It is kept in relatively good conditions, being covered with a canopy with the rest of the pool equipment. However, when I try to turn the pool heater on, there is an immediate click noise and both the service heater light and HLS light come on. The blower never engages, and nothing else engages. I ordered a new HLS sensor, but I'm pretty sure the blower would still engage even if the HLS was completely broken. Any advice? Thank you!

Hi all...recently I decided to use my old mastertemp 400 heater for the spa again after about a year. It is kept in relatively good conditions, being covered with a canopy with the rest of the pool equipment. However, when I try to turn the pool heater on, there is an immediate click noise and both the service heater light and HLS light come on. The blower never engages, and nothing else engages. I ordered a new HLS sensor, but I'm pretty sure the blower would still engage even if the HLS was completely broken. Any advice? Thank you!
Blower will not turn on until the self-check is complete. A bad HLS will not allow the heater to go any further with the start-up.

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.