Pentair Mastertemp 250 Warranty

I have a Pentair Mastertemp 250 that is now entering it's 4th pool season. I went out last night to find the service light on and water leaking from underneath. I'm trying to find what the warranty is on it but all I can find is referencing some card I don't have. Does anyone have any idea what the warranty is on these? I will make a difference who I call for service. I included a picture just in case someone can suggest something else I should check. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3239 (004).jpg
    IMG_3239 (004).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 33
Looks like something corroded the inside but maybe its fixable.... Have you always had an SWG? cuz I would suspect low ph as a culprit. You sure the drain plug is set properly?

Most heaters have a one-year warranty, 2 at most, and they are predicated on PRISTINE chemistry balance....

When you got that heater (4 years ago) the warranty i think was just one year. If you bought it yesterday, it would be two, three if you bought all Pentair equipment. Either way, at 4 seasons, you are out of warranty.

You will need to take the jacket off the heater, and remove one of the lower flange bolts to check for water. Or, if you can see water pouring or dripping from the blower inlet, both the blower, and the heat exchanger are done. There is a kit for replacing the exchanger, blower is extra.

When you got that heater (4 years ago) the warranty i think was just one year. If you bought it yesterday, it would be two, three if you bought all Pentair equipment. Either way, at 4 seasons, you are out of warranty.

You will need to take the jacket off the heater, and remove one of the lower flange bolts to check for water. Or, if you can see water pouring or dripping from the blower inlet, both the blower, and the heat exchange are done. There is a kit for replacing the exchanger, blower is extra.

We need a "like" button like they have on FB. :) Glad to see PC is still around!

If you have water in the can, scrap the unit and get something better. If you maintained your chemicals like you say, this unit should have lasted way more than 4 years.

Did you check to see if the pressure relief valve was leaking? If your unit was installed with one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.