Pentair Master Temp 400 - Temperature Reading Wrong

Guy-SouthFloria

Dec 18, 2021
Florida
71314701-D320-4B10-8606-7C7D09411B29.jpegHello, to everyone and Happy Holidays. Hoping someone can help me out with a quick fix so I can enjoy a dip in a heated pool.

I have a Pentair Master Temp 400Pool Heater using Propane. I have a Pentair Screen Logic APP and a Pentair East Touch Control System which shows the pool temperature at 105 Degrees.

I read some posts and replaced the Thermostat but same issue.

I posted a picture of what is being displayed.

Any other thoughts as to what could be the issue?

Welcome to TFP.

Pentair automation systems use an external water temperature sensor PN 520272 inserted into a hole drilled into the PVC plumbing. You can find where the wire connects to on the IntelliCenter board in the Installation Manual.

It is a 10K thermsistor. You can check the resistance using a multimeter against the chart below. Either the sensor needs replacement or the board is bad.

10K_thermistor_chart.png

Pentair Temperature sensor.jpg

Last edited:
Post pics of your equipment pad.

Installation Manual at https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...licenter/intellicenter-installation-guide.pdf

See page 26. Temperature sensor connects to WATER SENSOR screw terminals (J15) on the main IntelliCenter Control System circuit board. For sensor circuit board screw terminal location see page 26.

You can find the wire in the IntelliCenter and follow it back to the pipe it is installed in. It will be under a stainless steel worm clamp around the sensor and pipe.

1639868087134.png

Received part today from Amazon, performed replacement, took some time to perform re-routing of new cable, but once done, worked perfectly.

Picked up some extra spares in case this happens again.

Thank you for your support to help resolve the issue. This is a great support forum!

Reactions: JamesW
Thank you for your support to help resolve the issue. This is a great support forum!

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: JamesW and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.