Pentair Master Pump 400 Service Heater Light on

Carlosfrias424

Mar 27, 2021
Dallas Texas
Hey guys. My service heater light is on. When I turn on heater I get r 13 then 128 then service heater turns on. If I hold heater off button and change the AD and SF settings the heater will kick on but it will read 322 degrees after a couple of min. Can’t figure this one out. Thinking of just replacing control board and starting there

Exhaust Gas Temperature​

While running, press and hold the On button will display the exhaust temperature display.

Here is what the normal exhaust temperature should be:

• Below 250 degrees...very low
  • 250 to 290 ..................low
  • 290 to 350.................acceptable
  • 350 to 480 ..................high
  • Above 480...................error/shutdown.
Note: HD models can be up to 75 degrees higher. HD models use a cupro nickel exchanger and the efficiency is slightly lower resulting in less heat transfer and more waste heat.

If the stack flue temperature is showing up without pressing the On button, then On button is probably stuck.

Replace the keypad if the button is stuck.

To change the stack flue sensor type:

Press and hold the Off button for about 10 seconds until Ad0 is displayed and then release the Off button.

Press the Off button and SF1 should display.

If it says SF0, press the temperature down button (or up button) to change it to SF1.

Press and release the Off button to save.

SF1 is a temperature sensor. SF0 means that the temperature sensor is just a high limit switch and not a temperature sensor.

If this setting is randomly changing, the Off button is probably stuck.

Replace the keypad if the Off button is stuck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.