Shreveport, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have 4 Pentair MagicStream Laminar jets, one on each corner. These things are LOUD, so loud I don't see us using them. Loud as in, you can't have a normal conversation by the pool loud. They are very pretty at night though. I've adjusted the stream and it doesn't make a difference. The stream is breaking up about 6" to 12" above the surface of the pool. I have not seen any in live action, except for these. I thought they were supposed to be a solid unbroken stream hitting the surface of the water. Are they installed wrong or are my expectations higher than the product can produce.

There was just a post about them and they say they are LOUD, like CRAZZZY LOUD... Of course I can not find the thread to save my life... If I find it I will come back and post it... lets see if @kimkats knows what thread it is :)

Thanks. Hopefully someone can tag me on it!
There was just a post about them and they say they are LOUD, like CRAZZZY LOUD... Of course I can not find the thread to save my life... If I find it I will come back and post it... lets see if @kimkats knows what thread it is :)

The PB adjusted the valves. They shoot about 4 feet, in distance, and are much quieter. They are not individually valved (I Have 4) and I wish they were. The furthest laminar jet is slightly different that the rest and will splash more than the other 3. Overall, it is now much better. The electrician wired the laminar jets on the same 24V transformer as the pool lights. I now have to pull additional wirelines in the conduit so they will be on a seperate circuit. The laminars have 'thumpers' that break the water beam every 30 seconds or so. The 'thumpers' thump whether water is running or not. It's quite annoying when swimming at night with the laminar jets off and the lights on. They are nice, but for the cost, I would have left them off if I could have seen them. Maybe I will use them more when my remote is setup.

Reactions: HermanTX
Had the same issue, PB planning some fine tuning. Can you explain to me what exactly the "thumper" is and it's purpose?
Hi MooreND23-
The 'Thumper' is a mechanical device within the lamiinar jet that works to create a break in the water stream for the shortest period. It creates a spot in the light stream.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.