Pentair lost communication

bwimpling31

Mar 26, 2024
bradenton
Just moved into a new home. It has a pentagram system. I always get a message saying Chlorinator : Lost communication. The chlorinator has all green lights. Do I need to fix this? Also I don’t know how to access the Pentair Screen Logic remotely. Can I do this without prior owners info?

Welcome to the forum.
Tell us more about your system. Is it an EasyTouch automation? Does the power get completely removed from the SWCG when the pump is not running?
It is likely the SWCG is not wired to power correctly.

Since I really know nothing about the system I thought photos might help

Attachments

• IMG_3848.jpeg
    IMG_3848.jpeg
    419.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3850.jpeg
    IMG_3850.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    395.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3854.jpeg
    IMG_3854.jpeg
    311.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3849.jpeg
    IMG_3849.jpeg
    807.9 KB · Views: 7
I assume you are getting the Message on your Pentair ScreenLogic App, correct?

That is a system alert.

Can you adjust the SWCG % from the app? Show us a screenshot of the SWCG page in the app. While in Pool Mode (SWCG with lights on it).
This is an example.
SWCG SL App.png

Reactions: Jimrahbe

If you place the system into the Service mode, and wait about a minute, do all the lights on the cell go out??? They should.

While still in the Service mode, does your pump's display show some type of RPM screen, or is the display blank??

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I assume you are getting the Message on your Pentair ScreenLogic App, correct?

That is a system alert.

Can you adjust the SWCG % from the app? Show us a screenshot of the SWCG page in the app. While in Pool Mode (SWCG with lights on it).
This is an example.
View attachment 560927
Here is the screen shots. It makes it look like I can adjust but I notice that is says my salt level is 0. It has always shown these same numbers since I moved in. IMG_3856.pngIMG_3855.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

On the outside panel, there is a button called the "Mode" button.. Pushing the button will cycle through the three modes.. Auto, Service, and Time out.

When you push the button and go into the Service mode, everything will shut off after a few seconds. Once you are done with the tests, just push the button twice to get back to AUTO... It may take up to a minute for everything to come back on.

The little LCD will show want mode you are in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I appreciate your help with this. My pool guy said that he discovered that they had not installed the communication cable. Mystery solved. Thanks again.
I have a easytouch8 that I control via the screen logic app. Just had a tech come out and install the same IC40 cell with a power center. I went to check on the app, and could not see the chlorinator info. looked in the box, and found that the cat5e cable is still there so I'm assuming he didn't wire it into the easy touch. Question: Where does the com cable go ?