Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi folks,
Wow, this is a great forum and I have been able to glean lots of good information from all of the various threads. And thanks for all of the good advice.
I am in the process of planning out the wiring for my load center.
Here is my current plan. Any comments or advice is certainly appreciated.

One of my concerns is that maybe I should instead wire the Gas Heater Direct Spark Ignition Circuit to the load side of the Filter Pump relay. Although the heater has a pressure sensor switch that will keep the circuit open when the pump is not on, doing so (wiring to load side of pump relay), would prevent the circuit to close just in case the sensor switch fails. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
az,

Looks good to me... If anything overkill on the amperage, but better too much than not enough.

I don't believe that you need to run your heater's main AC power through the pump/filter relay.. The little relay that controls the heater is on the main circuit card and does not use any current from the ET, it is just a set of open relay contacts that close when the heater is supposed to run.

I don't believe that the "heater" relay will close unless the pump is also being told to run..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.