Pentair Light Sync Issue with Intelibrite and Globrite lights

bmm925

Aug 13, 2021
LV
Hello,
I just finished having my pool built. The builder put a large intelibrite light in the deep end, and a smaller one in the spa. These two lights sync perfectly. There is a 3rd globrite light in the wet deck. Whenever I put the lights into some sort of color mode, the globrite light lags the others by a second or two. I contacted the pool builder who has had the light replaced twice. I'm about to let him know that the light they replaced today is still having the same issue. I believe the lights are on the same circuit. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Welcome to TFP.

The different model lights have different electronics and dont match perfectly in operation or color. I warn people about that in mixing models.

Yeah, I'm worried that we're ultimately going to be stuck with it. For us - I hired a pool builder who took care of the entire process. He's the one that recommended the combination of lights. Since it was coming from the contractor, I didn't really didn't question the decision.

Right now, we're going through the Pentair Rep who is reaching out to corporate. They're going to be sending me a procedure to sync the lights that's normally only performed in the factory. For what it's worth, the repair guy thinks that the delay that I'm seeing is not normal.

The synch procedure I have heard of is below. However my understanding this fixes when lights are different colors which is not your problem.

Let us know what you learn.

The procedure to reset the control board inside of the lights is:
  • Turn the lights on
  • Within 10-15 seconds of turning on the lights, turn the lights on and off 31 times
This establishes a reset on the lights and resolved the issue with a members Globrite not changing colors properly. This should work for other Pentair LED color changing lights.

If your light is connected to an automation controller you may need to remove the cover where the cords for the lights come up through the conduit and connect to the feed from the transformers. Then unscrew the wire nut to the group of lights from the source transformer (black wire usually) and manually touch the power wire wires 31 times to the other wires still twisted together about 1/2 a second apart each time. We don't think there is a way to do this via automation.

Hey @bmm925 - did you ever figure out a fix for this? I am experiencing the same thing, except I have 3 PA globrites, all on the same circuit and one has a delayed start and seems to respond just second or two behind the others to color change commands.

I was thinking maybe there was a transformer problem. Like maybe there wasn't enough power to the devices to get all 3 going. Anyone have any thoughts or experience seeing this?

@harrat - I had this same issue that began after the first year the lights were installed. I have 4 globrites, 3 in the pool, 1 in the spa, all on the same transformer. During the first winter, I noticed this happening, where the lights were out of sync, and the spa light would come on just a few seconds after the pool lights. Once the water temps warmed up the following spring, this issue went away. Second winter, once water temps started getting in the 60's, I noticed this issue happening again. Eventually the light finally died. I was still under warranty so my PB replaced it. I will watch and see how long this new one goes before it fails. When they fail, I will replace with the microbrite with the globrite adapter.

--Jeff

Thanks @Turbo1Ton - Definitely seems like the globrites are a bit buggy. I've got one in the DE, one on a step and one in a spa. All are brand new, the pool was finally finished a month ago. The DE light failed to light up. I was getting a warranty replacement when it magically came on. It hasn't done it in a while. The Spa light has done the same thing, one time not coming on for almost 45 minutes, until all of the sudden it blinked on (I was warming up the spa at the time... coincidence on the temp thing??). Haven't had issues with it for a little while now. The step light has ALWAYS come on about 1-3 seconds behind the other lights (when they're working). And then it always is 1-3 seconds behind on color changes and color show changes. Very annoying. I'm using an easy touch and screenlogic for automation etc.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.